- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Was Madeleine McCann in Ibiza?
• IDENTITY: Blurry image of girl that could be Maddie
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By Rund Abdelfatah
A GERMAN holidaymaker has claimed he saw Madeleine McCann aboard a flight from Ibiza to Munich.
Frank Bode, 42, was returning home to Germany earlier this month following a five-day break in Spain when he caught sight of a girl that immediately reminded him of the missing toddler.
“My intuition told me that the girl, who was around seven to 10 years old, could be Madeleine,” Bode told the Olive Press.
“She didn’t seem to fit with her family at all. Her father was clearly German, as were her two brothers, both around 10 to 12 years old, but her mother appeared to be British.
“They were all speaking German except for the girl, who I clearly heard speaking British English.”
He continued: “The two boys were touching her strangely and the girl seemed totally out of place – nervous, stuttering, just not normal. And her mother, who bore no resemblance to the girl, was a strange woman and didn’t talk the entire trip.
“I was never very interested in the case but my instincts told me something was up, and I’m almost never wrong about these kinds of things,” added Bode, a sales manager for a currency printing company.
“I took a photo and showed it to some of my friends who agreed it could definitely be Maddie.”
Bode was so convinced the girl on his Lufthansa flight was Maddie, who disappeared from Portugal in 2007, he immediately contacted the British police.
“The woman at the hotline said it is on file, but that’s all she said.
“I’m mainly interested in the family getting the photo, but it’s difficult to find a channel through which to contact them.”
When the Olive Press contacted British police about Bode’s report, they said: “At this time we cannot find any record of his information.”
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]