- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Spain to receive €85.6 million from EU food programme
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
SPAIN is among the biggest beneficiaries of an EU food programme for the poor, according to official statistics.
The country is set to receive €85.6 million, second only to Italy (€98 million), as part of the policy aimed at reaching 18 million people in 19 member states.
Funding for the €500 million scheme will come from the EU’s common agriculture policy and will see neighbours Portugal receive €19.5 million.
The European Commission had proposed a €2.5 billion free food programme to run from 2014-2020, although financing for this is yet to be confirmed.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]