- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Spain to receive €85.6 million from EU food programme
SPAIN is among the biggest beneficiaries of an EU food programme for the poor, according to official statistics.
The country is set to receive €85.6 million, second only to Italy (€98 million), as part of the policy aimed at reaching 18 million people in 19 member states.
Funding for the €500 million scheme will come from the EU’s common agriculture policy and will see neighbours Portugal receive €19.5 million.
The European Commission had proposed a €2.5 billion free food programme to run from 2014-2020, although financing for this is yet to be confirmed.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…