Fashion icon Zandra Rhodes has paid a visit to the Rock to open her Aida exhibition at the Gibraltar Art Gallery.
The eccentric designer – who has created outfits for high-profile clients including Diana, Princess of Wales and Freddie Mercury – mingled with guests at the event, on what was her first visit to Gibraltar.
The Egyptian-inspired designs for Verdi’s opera Aida proved very popular, with a series of signed limited edition prints selling very quickly.
Rhodes’ collection was showcased during a fashion show at The King’s Bastion Leisure Centre, which also featured collections by fellow designers Jane Langdon and Jeremy Kaye.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02