- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Pilots condemn brutal ‘British Airways attack’ on Iberia
• The Spanish airline is losing €1.7 million a day
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A TRADE union has accused British Airways of committing ‘a brutal attack’ on Spain, after airline Iberia announced plans to slash 4,500 jobs.
The parent company of Iberia and British Airways, the International Airlines Group (IAG) took the decision to lay off a quarter of its staff after revealing the Spanish carrier is losing €1.7 million a day.
It is one of the biggest staff cuts in Spain’s history.
Other measures being taken include reducing network capacity by 15% to focus on the most profitable routes and cutting 25 aircraft from its 156-strong fleet.
It is hoped the plan will help reduce Iberia’s cash loses by mid-2013, and raise profits by at least €600m.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]