- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
British hotelier releases comedy novel
• Tarifa’s Hurricane Hotel owned by author James Whaley
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A LEADING hotelier has written a book based on his experiences setting up a boutique hotel in Morocco.
Flying Tagines and Magic Lobsters by Tarifa’s Hurricane Hotel boss James Whaley is a comedy based on a fictional hotel in Essaouira.
Part-based on his own experiences setting up a hotel in the town two decades ago, the book promises plenty of ‘sex, magic and poison’.
Writer Whaley – who was heavily involved in a string of key British films including Sebastiane and Jubilee – has now sold Villa Maroc.
He had been pursuaded to buy the hotel – which was then a brothel – after a family member recommended it as an investment.
Whaley later set up the Hurricane Hotel in Tarifa, which quickly became popular with the windsurfing community and is now a key local institution.
He owns various other hotels on the Costa de la Luz, and is often credited as being one of the key figures in turning the largely undeveloped Cadiz coastline into one of Spain’s most fashionable.
The book is available for tablet formats and on Amazon.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Most popular in the past week.
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Take a look at the five most-read stories on the Olive Press website this week…