- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Gary Lineker’s mum flown from Spain to UK for treatment
• Gary Lineker
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
GARY Lineker has paid for a private jet to fly his sick mum from Spain to Britain for treatment.
The Match of the Day host grew concerned for mum Margaret, 73, who now lives in Spain.
She had been hooked up to a drip in Tarragona Hospital near Barcelona after becoming ill.
The ex-footballer, preferring that she was cared for in the UK, paid for a private jet to take her and his brother Wayne, who owns a bar in Marbella, to a UK hospital.
A source close to Gary, 52, said: “He couldn’t bear to think of his mum in a foreign hospital when he can afford luxury healthcare here.”
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]