- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Picasso to have early work shown in home city of Malaga
• A Picasso painting
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
EARLY works of Pablo Picasso will be on display as part of a temporary exhibition.
The Museo Picasso Malaga museum, in Malaga city, will be exhibiting the works of art from February 25 to June 9.
‘Picasso of Malaga, Earliest Works’ will include 55 pieces of the artist’s work alongside 65 pieces by other artists as well as documentary material.
Picasso, one of the founders of the 20th Century avant-garde art movement cubism, was born in Malaga in 1881.
A spokesman for the museum said: “The exhibition puts into context a significant collection of works from the artist’s childhood and youth, with photographs, maps, objects and documents that show what the town was like during its transition between two centuries.
“This was where he lived with his family, and where other artists worked, such as José Denis Belgrano, Antonio Muñoz Degrain, or Picasso’s own father, José Ruiz Blasco, a selection of whose works are also on display.”
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]