- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Costa del Sol health centres put on hold
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
PLANS to build three new health centres on the Costa del Sol have been scrapped due to lack of funding.
The completion dates for work on the Ronda hospital and improvement works to the Costa del Sol hospital in Marbella have also been put on hold.
The cut backs are due to huge savings being made by the Junta.
The CHARE (high resolution hospital) centres would have been built in Torremolinos, Mijas and Estepona.
The CHARE centre in Mijas would have cared for an estimated 25,000 people while the one in Estepona, which should have been built five years ago, would have dealt with up to 100,000 patients.
The out-patient centre planned for Torremolinos would have provided health care for up to 150,000 people living in the town as well as Alhaurin de la Torre, Churriana and Puerto Blanca.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Take a look at the five most-read stories on the Olive Press website this week…