- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Gibraltar’s Fringe festival reveals first acts
• The perfect stage: The Alameda Botanic Gardens
ORGANISERS of Gibraltar’s first fringe festival have confirmed their first acts.
The event taking place in the Alameda Botanic Gardens, from June 20 – 23 will include theatre, dance, music, busking and street performance, as well as art exhibitions.
Acts so far confirmed at the event supported by the Olive Press include a dance workshop, led by Swiss Italian Flavia Ghisalberti and other acts including ‘Paperman’ Lorenzo Torres, and a German called Mr Tang. Gibraltarian group, Metro Motel, will also host a concert.
Organiser, Schirin Boudny, said: “Gibraltar is on the international Fringe map now and we hope to attract local artists as well as international ones, year by year.
“A Fringe is fun, for the performers as well as the audience! I am very and look forward to some fun days in June.”
Performers can request nontraditional performance venues too, including bathrooms, bus stops and rooftops.
Applications for performers close on February 28.
For more information visit www.gibfringe.com
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others