A FOOTBALL fan has been sentenced to two years in prison after throwing an umbrella at a linesman in Alozaina, Malaga.
The fan threw the umbrella ‘like a spear’ said prosecutors, hitting the linesman on the shoulder and back.
The victim suffered a concussion and was required to wear a neck brace.
The man has also been ordered to pay €3,440 compensation after the football official was unable to work for 48 days.
In 2011 another linesman, Aguilar Rodriguez, was also injured by an umbrella throwing fan in a game between Granada and Mallorca.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36