- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Dad’s death bed plea
March 7, 2013
• LAST EDITED:
March 22, 2013
Andalucia • 4 Comments
• The Rahmoun family
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By Frances Leate
A DAD of two who has been told he has just six days to six months to live is appealing for help to get back to the UK and spend his last days with his children.
Omar Rahmoun, 54, has lived in Zujar, in Andalucía, for nine years running a computer shop.
Just last month he was told he had a tumour in both his lungs and within a few weeks the cancer had spread to his pancreas, intestines, kidneys and both lungs.
Now a close friend is helping him to sell his shop’s stock and find someone to drive him back to Nottingham where he can spend his last days with his sons, Kamal, 20, and Malik, 11.
Close family friend, Eric Skilton, 69, said: “I asked him what I could do for him and this was his last wish.
“It’s all there is left. Of course I would like there to be a miracle and see him get better but that’s not going to happen and so failing that his very last wish is to spend his last days as happy as he can be with his children in Britain.”
The family is now in the process of getting emergency travel documentation from the British Embassy in Spain because his passport has expired and it takes too long to get it renewed.
Omar, who uses oxygen for 20 hours a day because his lungs have failed, can not fly so his only hope is that an Olive Press reader may come forward who can drive him home.
Mr Skilton said: “We are hoping someone is travelling back to the Nottingham area soon and that they would be kind enough to take him.”
If anyone can help please contact Mr Skilton on 958 063 074 or email: [email protected]
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]