By Frances Leate
SOCIAL services in Spain are investigating after a series of shocking rapes and sexual assaults on children.
The incidents, which are alleged to have occurred at a primary school in Andalusia involve the rape of a boy aged 11 and another boy aged 8 by a 12-year-old boy.
Two girls, both aged 5, are also believed to have been sexually assaulted.
The father of one of the girls involved, who can not be named for legal reasons, has desperately been fighting to get counselling and help for all the children, including the 12-year-old that is alleged to have committed the shocking offences.
Speaking to the Olive Press, he said: “It is only now, months after the incidents that social services are investigating.
“All the parents involved have been unhappy about this boy continuing to attend the same school but the school said they were powerless to do anything about it.
“The local police refused to take a statement and record it, the Guardia Civil did record it but gave us the impression that they could not be bothered and I have lost count of the amount of lawyers I have contacted and none of them want to know.”
He added: “Our main concern has been to get help for these children, including the boy who has been engaging in this very worrying behaviour.
“The whole episode has been devastating for all the families involved and I understand it is a very sensitive, unpleasant case but we need the help and support of the Spanish authorities to tackle this in the best possible way.”
Because the boy who committed the assaults is under 14, Spanish police have no powers to take action.
The worried dad claims he believes Spanish authorities just want to ‘brush the incidents’ under the carpet, potentially risking the safety and well-being of vulnerable children.
Social Services in the town the incidents occurred have confirmed they are investigating the allegations and have spoken with all the families concerned.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50