- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Police officer convicted for selling impounded drugs
• Lars Sepulveda
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A POLICE officer has been sentenced to 17 years in prison after stealing 154 kilos of cocaine and heroin.
The policeman from the Udyco serious organised crime unit spent over a million euros buying yachts, fast cars, flats and even a houses on the beach with the proceeds.
The drugs were taken from Sevilla’s police headquarters between 2006 and 2009 after being confiscated from criminals.
The officer Lars Sepulveda (above) replaced the drugs with packets of sugar and cement and sold them on with the help of drug dealer, Manuel Alonso Nunez.
Sepulveda was given a 17 year prison sentenced and fined €6.6 million for robbery, drug trafficking and money laundering.
Nunez was given a 15-year prison sentence.
The partners of both were also given shorter prison sentences for money laundering on their behalf.
It is one of dozens of similar cases of policemen being involved in drug dealing gangs around Andalucia over recent years.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]