AN IMPOVERISHED Spanish woman has won the right to have one of Spain’s richest financiers exhumed from his grave.
After years of struggle, Ana Gallart will find out if her DNA matches that of Mallorca multi-millionaire banker Juan March.
March died in 1962 having become the most successful Spanish banker of the first half of the twentieth century.
The 65-year-old, who lives in working class neighbourhood in Valencia, insists she is the daughter of March and is therefore entitled to a share of his fortune.
She made the claims after discovering that her birth mother was a cook in the March household, when she gave birth in 1947.
While a twin sister died at only eight months, she was adopted to a family in Valencia.
She discovered her past after finding her biological mother was called Rosa, who had sadly died a few years ago at the age of 62.
So sure is Gallart of the connection that she has risked her pension, plus the pension of her husband and mother to help cover €10,000 in legal costs.
She’s also borrowed money from family and friends, who know they might not get it back.
“I hadn’t questioned my past until I discovered that my birth certificate read of unknown parentage,” Gallart explained.
“I wanted to know who I am and where I come from.”
A court agreed with her claims and March’s body was exhumed last week. The DNA results will be known in a few weeks.
If Gallart is the daughter she will be entitled to a claim to the March fortune.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36