BULLFIGHTER Joao Moura Jr is set to incur the wrath of animal rights groups around Europe after posting a series of shocking photographs on his Facebook page.
A private corrida at his house has caused outrage in Portugal after pictures showed a pack of pit bulls attacking a calf at his finca.
Animal rights group ANIMAL revealed that they had received numerous emails regarding the ‘barbaric action’ and stressed that they would do ‘everything to ensure that these people are punished’.
In a statement, Moura expressed his regret at posting the images on the social media site, before adding: “But, most of all, I regret not being able to prevent it.”
He said: “It was an isolated incident as the dogs inadvertently entered the ring where the cow was; it was not an animal fight.”
ANIMAL have replied that they ‘don’t believe for a second’ the bullfighter’s statement, claiming that he only ‘regrets the fact that he was caught’.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36