- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Topless tactics by Spanish feminist pressure group
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A SPANISH pressure group has launched an anti-sexism campaign.
Protestors from feminist outfit Femen will bare their breasts in an effort to highlight issues including domestic violence and abortion.
The protest is inspired by the group’s slogan, ‘our weapons are bare breasts’.
Members will first travel to Paris to receive training in how to behave when faced with resistance from the police.
“We do not insult, we do not strike out, we do not bite police officers,” explains Femen founder, Inna Shevchenko.
“We are not fighting them, we simply offer resistance because we do not agree with being arrested.”
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]