CRITICS questioned why Spain’s king was apparently not able to travel to the memorial service of Nelson Mandela this week.
His son Felipe took his place alongside Prime Minister Rajoy, as they flew out together to Johannesburg.
Mandela was a guest at Felipe’s wedding to Leticia in 2004.
The king was apparently unable to fly due to a recent operation, although some wondered if it was due to his recent disastrous trip to Africa, when he was photographed over the body of a dead elephant he had shot.
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30