BARCELONA will not be able to publicly unveil new €95 million signing Luis Suarez because of his ban for biting.
Fifa has confirmed that any event – like that held for star signings Neymar, Cesc Fabregas and David Villa – will be against the conditions of his ban.
The Uruguayan is cannot take part in any football-related event, irrespective of the venue, following the incident at the World Cup.
“The ban relates to all football-related activity,” confirmed Fifa’s head of media Delia Fischer.
Suarez, 27, had his appeal against the four-month ban, plus nine international matches and a €83,000 fine, turned down.
As it stands, the former-Liverpool player will be out of action until the end of October.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44