A FOUR-YEAR-OLD British boy has drowned in a swimming pool in Mijas.
The boy was reportedly running around the pool at Mijas Golf urbanisation with other children at around 9pm when he fell in and drowned.
His parents, along with the parents of the other children, were having dinner at the time and did not realise their child had fallen into the pool until a teenager raised the alarm.
By that time, however, it was already too late, as efforts to resuscitate the boy failed and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Reggae star Maxi Priest headlines Gibraltar National Day Concert - 8 Sep, 2015 @ 12:14
- Catalan restaurant charges customer for aspirin - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 18:53
- Michelin-starred London chef expands to Madrid - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 12:31
- Endangered leopard at Bioparc Fuengirola - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:49
- Record harvest boosts Spain’s wine exports - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:12
- Spain’s top chefs, the Roca brothers, pick out their favourite eateries - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 13:58
- Balloon debate ahead of Gibraltar National Day - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 11:57
- Spanish properties worth up to 124% more with a swimming pool - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 14:59
- Found in Translation - 2 Sep, 2015 @ 18:09
- Spanish flat shares for students are among Europe’s cheapest - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 14:00