FORMER Labour MP Lord Greville Janner has appeared in court in relation to historic sex offence charges on nine children.
Freeman of Gibraltar Lord Janner, 87, was summoned to court in Westminster for 22 child sex abuse charges spanning 20 years from the 1960s.
The case which has seen police investigations and four court hearings will be sent to the Crown Court and the legal team are pushing to reduce the pensioner’s distress.
In 2012 Lord Janner was awarded the rock’s highest civic recognition – the Freedom of the City of Gibraltar award – for being a ‘friend and defender’ of the Rock.
The government of Gibraltar has said it may revoke Lord Janner’s title if he is found guilty.
Lord Janner’s family maintain that he is innocent.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25