A WOMAN crash landed a small plane in Sevilla after the pilot lost consciousness.
The woman – who has no flight experience – suffered severe burns and remains in hospital, while the pilot – reportedly, her husband – died.
It is unknown if he died before or after the crash landing.
“He died, possibly before the accident, during the flight,” a spokesman said.
“The woman kept flying, even though she did not how to fly.
“The control tower guided her until landing it at the airport.”
A helicopter and a plane were sent to guide the plane, before it crash landed 3km short of the Sevilla runway.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36