AN entire Spanish village has been put on the market for €122 million.
Cinera de Gordon, in Northern Spain, houses 800 residents, and comes complete with 128 houses, 12 flats, a football pitch, a public swimming pool, a cinema and a mine full of coal.
The once buzzing mining hub has become a shadow of its former self after the company managing its mine went bust last year.
The village had belonged to Hullera Vaco-Leonesa for decades, but the bankrupt company is selling off its assets, which includes Cinera de Gordon.
“The worst thing about all this is that we found out our town was up for sale through the internet, when the judge issued the writ,” one local, Jose said.
Another seemed more optimistic, hoping a property company will buy it all up.
““It’s a very good place for tourists and for some property company to come along and buy it all up,” he said, “As for the closed mine, some Chinese have shown an interest.”
The mining industry in Spain has suffered since the country began pushing for renewable energy sources, with consumption of coal falling by 50% in the past year alone.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15