BRITONS in Spain have been warned of a powerful drug that can wipe people’s memory.
Scopolamine – aka Devil’s Breath – is said to eliminate free will and turn people into living zombies.
Victims have emptied their bank accounts and have even helped burglars rob their own homes.
The drug is made from the Borrachero Tree, which is common in Colombia.
Police fear its presence is increasing in Spain after a woman in Mallorca tested positive for the drug.
Reports say she was drugged by an ex who had bought the substance online.
When she arrived at hospital she was suffering from drowsiness, clouded vision and incoherent speech.
She was confused and unsteady on her feet and had no recollection of what had happened.
There have been several cases of robbers using it across Spain and officials say it is also used in street crimes and sexual assaults.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15