BRITONS in Spain have been warned of a powerful drug that can wipe people’s memory.
Scopolamine – aka Devil’s Breath – is said to eliminate free will and turn people into living zombies.
Victims have emptied their bank accounts and have even helped burglars rob their own homes.
The drug is made from the Borrachero Tree, which is common in Colombia.
Police fear its presence is increasing in Spain after a woman in Mallorca tested positive for the drug.
Reports say she was drugged by an ex who had bought the substance online.
When she arrived at hospital she was suffering from drowsiness, clouded vision and incoherent speech.
She was confused and unsteady on her feet and had no recollection of what had happened.
There have been several cases of robbers using it across Spain and officials say it is also used in street crimes and sexual assaults.
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18