ONE of Spain’s top chefs has revealed the inspiration behind his cooking.
Head chef at two-Michelin-starred Mugaritz restaurant Andoni Luis Aduriz claims his flair comes not from cookbooks but science and theatre.
In fact the 45-year-old Basque chef revealed he imagines serving up banquets to the characters in William Shakespeare’s tragic play Titus Andronicus when attempting to come up with new dishes.
He said: “Working with creative people makes you more creative. It is always stimulating and exciting to share ideas and knowledge with creative people from other disciplines. Mugaritz wouldn’t be what it is today without these connections.”
Mugaritz is ranked No. 7 on The World’s 50 Best Restaurants list by Restaurant Magazine.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36