A HOMELESS couple have received much needed financial help thanks to an Olive Press story.
Leslie and Paul Dunt, who were left sleeping between their car and a shed, have been offered €500 by good samaritan Joel Kennedy who read about their plight last issue.
Kennedy, who runs the Help the Homeless Costa del Sol Facebook page, said the money had been left over from a recent group fundraiser.
Paul will put the money towards a deposit for a flat, which they are in the process of looking for.
“If it wasn’t for groups like this and people like Joel, we wouldn’t be as close to finding anywhere,” said Paul.
“We are very grateful to Joel and his group for their generosity and support.”
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- BREAKING: Body of little Julen ‘found in Malaga well’ - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 13:24
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00