The massive figure is a 30% increase on last year.
Thanks to the spike in visitors, commercial activity in the town increased by 14% while hotel occupancy rates reached nearly 100%.
The four-day extravaganza saw performances from world-renowned transexual singer Dana International, while the rainbow flag flew proudly over the town hall.
Councillor Aida Blanes said the event demonstrated a ‘a celebration of integration, coexistence between people who are lesbian, gay, transsexual, bisexual and intersexual.’
The Pride March this year beat records both in terms of floats and people.
Some 9,000 LGBTQI individuals and their allies marched through the streets on the Saturday.
Bar owner Paolo Molleda told the Olive Press: “There were so many people in the parade it was great to see.
“The event is growing and growing each year and in these times it is more important than ever.”
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16