THE winner of the Grammy for best contemporary blues album in 2017, Fantastic Negrito, is heading to Mallorca.
The R ‘n’ B artist – aka Xavier Dphrepaulezz – will play Pollenca’s Sant Domingo cloister on July 20.
His The Last Days of Oakland scooped the Grammy at this year’s awards ceremony, with its guttural blend of rock and blues addressing social ills in modern America.
Fantastic Negrito left home at 12, later working as a marijuana farmer before signing a record contract for almost one million euros.
He was run over by a car in LA., suffering brain damage and injuring his playing hand before scoring success with last year’s album.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00