THIS is the moment a boat carrying tourists off the coast of Spain burst into flames before exploding.
Five tourists jumped and swam for their lives as their small boat went up in smoke.
Fellow tourists from a nearby yacht pulled the four women and a man from the water after the vessel blew up near Tenerife’s Costa Adeje.
Their injuries have been described as ‘moderate’.
The man, aged 45, and a 25-year-old woman both suffered back injuries.
Another woman, aged 27, had cuts and bruises while and the two other women, aged 35 and 27, were hospitalised with leg injuries.
They were all taken to Hospiten Sur in the south of the island.
A Spanish coast guard helicopter was dispatched to scan the area for more victims, but all on board had already been rescued.
The boat sank shortly after maritime workers were called to put out the fire.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22