As first revealed by an Olive Press investigation five years ago, the non-profit refuge, in Torremolinos, was used as a way to generate cash for boss Carmen Marin and her family.
While Marin is now in prison for animal cruelty and falsifying documents – thousand of animals died painful deaths without the correct amounts of drugs – as the inquiry moves onto her two children, her son-in-law and her assistant at the shelter.
It is alleged Marin’s assistant spent more than €14,000 on a car, while her daughter spent €104,000 on a total refit of her cosmetic clinic is Los Alamos.
Marin went on shopping sprees and used money obtained from killing the animals to rent cars, pay for gym memberships, driving lessons and stays at luxury hotels in Marbella, Lisbon, Marrakech and the US.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22