THIS is the British teenager who was found dead in a pool during a holiday with his friends in Spain.
Ben Crawford, 19, was found unconscious in the water at a private rented villa in Ibiza at around 3am on Sunday.
The student is believed to have suffered a cardiac arrest and despite CPR attempts was prounounced dead at the scene in San Jose, near Playa d’en Bossa.
The keen rugby player, from West Yorkshire, was enjoying a holiday with his mates when the tragedy struck.
His Facebook wall has been plastered with messages from friends and family.
Darcy Teague, from Pontefract, wrote: “No words can even describe what everyone’s feeling right now, what an absolute legend you are, you will be missed by so many rest easy big man!”
Another said: “Absolutely shocking to hear, Ben you was always the nicest of the boys, another good life taken way too soon.”
A postmortem is being conducted to find out whether or not Ben was intoxicated when he died.
The UK Foreign Office said it is assisting his family.
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50
- British favourite Primark WILL be able to open in Marbella after five year battle - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 11:53
- Earthquake rocks residents in Spain’s Andalucia - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 17:03