THE Supreme Court of Andalucía has opened a criminal investigation into alleged irregularities in the construction of homes at the Santa Clara golf resort.
Officials from the region’s highest court are looking into claims of fraud at the complex in Otura after environmental group Ecologistas en Accion presented a report to the public prosecutor’s office against developers Santa Clara SA.
According to newspaper Granada Hoy, the green group believes construction on the 3,000 homes, many of which have already been sold, at the complex started without a municipal works licence.
The court is also looking into claims water authority Confederación Hidrográfica del Guadalquivir was not notified by the developers that natural streams at the complex had to be diverted to accommodate the homes.
Officials from the court have asked the Guardia Civil, the water authority and the Junta de Andalucía regional government for all the necessary paperwork for the golf development to help in their investigation.
The municipal secretary of Otura town council has also been asked to supply documentation in relation to the project.
A spokesman for the public prosecutor’s office confirmed the developers and local Otura town council could face criminal charges if the environmental group’s claims prove to be true.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00