A BRITISH couple are the first non-Catholics to have a religious wedding on the Spanish mainland.
Childhood sweethearts Paul Larkin and Toni Mason were married at Carranque, near Coin, in the first Church of England wedding to be held in mainland Spain.
While many British non-Catholics have married in Spain in recent years, the ceremonies have only been civil ones, until now.
The marriage was conducted by David Sutch, chaplain of the Costa del Sol (east) region and archdeacon of Gibraltar.
Rev Sutch – who has recently attained a license to conduct non-Catholic weddings in Spain – held the service in the chapel of 18th century manor house Cortijo Carranque.
The majority of the 100 guests stayed at the recently completed venue.
Bride Toni Mason told the Olive Press: “I fell in love with the tranquil old stonework of the chapel, and the arched cloisters where the reception was held.”
Wedding photographs taken by Lorraine Kingham, for more information email [email protected]
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27