THE jailed auditor of El Ejido had stored over three million euros worth of designer watches in his safe.
Disgraced Jose Aleman also owned a “magic” American Express Centurion card with a credit limit of one million euros – only 300 have been issued in Spain.
The abundant excesses enjoyed by Aleman were sensationally released after presiding judge Montserrat Pena released parts of the case summary.
“Don’t worry, I will see if we can give him a helping hand.”
Aleman also admitted that he received a staggering 490,000 euro annual pay packet from El Ejido town hall.
Furthermore, the former town hall employee watched the French Open tennis final in luxury seats alongside his wife, brother and sister-in-law.
It also emerged that Aleman had a penchant for Michelin-starred restaurants and paid a chauffeur to drive him to Rome to view the 2009 Champion League Final.
Aleman even boasted that he had the power to pass failing university students.
Speaking about a struggling student he once said: “Don’t worry, I will see if we can give him a helping hand.”
Although Aleman is now behind bars, his wife Isabel Carrasco was granted 90,000 euro bail.
The mayor of El Ejido Juan Encisco is also facing charges along with some 18 others accused of bribery, perversion of the course of justice and money laundering.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00