TRAIN journeys in Spain are less than half the price of the UK.
A new survey has discovered that you can travel almost three times as far for the same money when using the Spanish rail network.
While in the UK, 12 euros will take you just 23.8 miles, in Spain you can travel a decent 59.1 miles, roughly the distance from Malaga to Gibraltar.
In the survey undertaken by the Sun newspaper, the UK has the worst value trains in Europe.
The best value are in Bulgaria, where you can travel an incredible 391 miles for the same price.
This would take you from Malaga to Barcelona with 60 miles to spare.
Other good value trains can be found in Poland, Latvia and Serbia, where you can go 26.3 miles for just 10 centimes.
French services also work out at good value carrying you 61.6 miles for your tenner – or all the way from London to Cambridge.
The Portuguese trains are also well-priced taking travellers 107.4 miles.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00