A pensioner is suffering from a non-stop noise caused by ordeal screeching peacocks next door.
Rozz Caplan, 67, from Estepona, has endured more than a year’s worth of relentless Squawks, despite filing a police report against the ear-piercing birds.
Now the grandmother-of-four is close to breaking point as the “noise crescendo” steadily increases with summer approaching.
“It will soon become an unbearable racket,” explains Caplan, from Manchester.
“It is unbelievable, you can not even have a conversation. They are shrieking all day and all night.”
“I placed a police report last summer but nothing has happened since.”
The offending peacocks are on sale outside neighboring garden center Viveros del Valle.
And Caplan – who moved to Spain seven years ago – admitted that the stress brought on by the loud-mouthed peacocks is now affecting her husband Harvey’s health.
“He is ill because of this, he has angina,” Caplan continued. “He can not sleep at night or even take a siesta.”
Environmental Development Officer, Felipe Dias, who visited Caplan’s house last year confirmed that the “noise was awful.”
But he insisted that his department did not have the power to act.
Meanwhile, Estepona Department of Health boss Alfredo Ruiz explained that, before action is taken against the peacocks, a complaint must be sent in writing.
As it stands, racket Caplan is left facing up to the.
“The peacocks are gorgeous but I have to put up with their noise on a permanent basis,” she added.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00