A pensioner is suffering from a non-stop noise caused by ordeal screeching peacocks next door.
Rozz Caplan, 67, from Estepona, has endured more than a year’s worth of relentless Squawks, despite filing a police report against the ear-piercing birds.
Now the grandmother-of-four is close to breaking point as the “noise crescendo” steadily increases with summer approaching.
“It will soon become an unbearable racket,” explains Caplan, from Manchester.
“It is unbelievable, you can not even have a conversation. They are shrieking all day and all night.”
“I placed a police report last summer but nothing has happened since.”
The offending peacocks are on sale outside neighboring garden center Viveros del Valle.
And Caplan – who moved to Spain seven years ago – admitted that the stress brought on by the loud-mouthed peacocks is now affecting her husband Harvey’s health.
“He is ill because of this, he has angina,” Caplan continued. “He can not sleep at night or even take a siesta.”
Environmental Development Officer, Felipe Dias, who visited Caplan’s house last year confirmed that the “noise was awful.”
But he insisted that his department did not have the power to act.
Meanwhile, Estepona Department of Health boss Alfredo Ruiz explained that, before action is taken against the peacocks, a complaint must be sent in writing.
As it stands, racket Caplan is left facing up to the.
“The peacocks are gorgeous but I have to put up with their noise on a permanent basis,” she added.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00