A ONE-million euro award has been offered by the parents of missing Amy Fitzpatrick in a bid to revive the investigation.
Mother Audrey and stepfather Dave Mahon announced that any information which leads to her discovery – dead or alive – will be rewarded.
Police have so far failed to find any trace of the teenager, who vanished, aged 15, when walking home on New Year’s Day in 2008.
The money was donated by four anonymous friends of the couple to kick-start the hunt for Fitzpatrick.
Speaking at a press conference in Malaga, Audrey said: “This reward is for us to get Amy back one way or another.
“We hope and pray Amy ran away but we know that’s not the truth. Some days we think she’s alive, other days we think she’s dead.”
Real estate worker Mahon announced that four friends put up 250,000 euros each.
The reward is available for one month, between April 19 and May 19.
It would be paid 15 days after she is found alive – or 15 days after police certified her dead.
Last month, a one-million euro award was also offered to help the search for missing Sevilla teenager Marta del Castillo.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00