A ONE-million euro award has been offered by the parents of missing Amy Fitzpatrick in a bid to revive the investigation.
Mother Audrey and stepfather Dave Mahon announced that any information which leads to her discovery – dead or alive – will be rewarded.
Police have so far failed to find any trace of the teenager, who vanished, aged 15, when walking home on New Year’s Day in 2008.
The money was donated by four anonymous friends of the couple to kick-start the hunt for Fitzpatrick.
Speaking at a press conference in Malaga, Audrey said: “This reward is for us to get Amy back one way or another.
“We hope and pray Amy ran away but we know that’s not the truth. Some days we think she’s alive, other days we think she’s dead.”
Real estate worker Mahon announced that four friends put up 250,000 euros each.
The reward is available for one month, between April 19 and May 19.
It would be paid 15 days after she is found alive – or 15 days after police certified her dead.
Last month, a one-million euro award was also offered to help the search for missing Sevilla teenager Marta del Castillo.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27