A 32-year-old man from London was killed by two men in his home in Malaga province.
The man, identified by the initials P.F., was stabbed twice with a knife when he opened the door to his aggressors at 10.30am Wednesday.
His friend called 016 but the emergency services were unable to save the man’s life at the scene.
An investigation has been opened by the Specialist and Violent Crime Unit of the Torremolinos Police.
They believe that the victim was tortured before being killed, and one of his ear lobes was removed.
The police think that the victim may have known his attackers as it seems a conversation took place before the attack.
Several fingerprints found in the flat are now being checked.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00