MUTILATED Spanish bullfighter Julio Aparicio has come out of intensive care
The health of Aparicio – gruesomely gored in the throat at Madrid’s Las Ventas bullring – is said to be “evolving favourably”.
A statement released by the October 12th Hospital also confirmed that the matador’s condition is now “less serious”.
Spectators watched in horror last Friday as Aparicio lost his footing before the half-ton bull’s horn pierced his throat and broke through his mouth.
The 41-year-old, from Sevilla, managed to regain his footing to stumble out of the ring and collapse.
Aparicio required two operations to fix a punctured tongue and fractured jaw bone.
His father, also called Julio, said: “’It was a serious goring. Almost his entire mouth was destroyed.”
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58