MUTILATED Spanish bullfighter Julio Aparicio has come out of intensive care
The health of Aparicio – gruesomely gored in the throat at Madrid’s Las Ventas bullring – is said to be “evolving favourably”.
A statement released by the October 12th Hospital also confirmed that the matador’s condition is now “less serious”.
Spectators watched in horror last Friday as Aparicio lost his footing before the half-ton bull’s horn pierced his throat and broke through his mouth.
The 41-year-old, from Sevilla, managed to regain his footing to stumble out of the ring and collapse.
Aparicio required two operations to fix a punctured tongue and fractured jaw bone.
His father, also called Julio, said: “’It was a serious goring. Almost his entire mouth was destroyed.”
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00