JUST when you thought the Thunderbirds were a distant childhood memory, The Yellow Submarine rolls into town!
For five days only, Thunderbird 4 will be coming to Spain in a wacky car rally in aid of children’s charity Clic Sargent.
The vehicle (pictured right) was created by three Thunderbird fans from Manchester, who converted a 300 euro Fiat Marea into the aptly named Thunderbanger.
Friends Keith Huntington, Mike McCartan and Shaun Bridgeman took 12 weeks to build the replica out of scrap pipes, tubing and plastic panels from building sites.
Huntington, 44, said: “’It took us quite a few weekends but it was worth it to see the look on people’s faces when we have taken it on test runs.”
The Yellow Submarine will join more than 100 modified cars on the 2,500 mile trip to Barcelona and the trio hope to raise 5000 euros for charity.
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48