POLICE have seized six speed boats, 65 top of the range vehicles and 5.5 million euros in a huge international drugs crackdown in Spain.
Operation ‘Guadaña’ is one of Spain’s biggest drugs raids and has seen 65 arrested for moving cocaine in shipments of apples.
The majority of the arrests were made in Madrid and Galicia although 15 others were arrested in Argentina, on charges of drug trafficking and money laundering
Meanwhile a Briton has been arrested after turning his luxury seaside villa into a huge marijuana plantation.
Police estimate around 170,000 euroswas spent on turning the basement of the detached chalet into a high-tech drug laboratory.
When police raided the four-bed Benalmádena villa they found 900 plants up to two metres high.
The crackdown comes amid ongoing anti-drug operations along the Spanish coast.
A Dutch-registered boat carrying 20 kilos of hashish was intercepted off Cadiz.
Meanwhile, a three Guardia Civil and two lawyers have been arrested around Marbella.
One of the arrested Guardia Civil is reportedly based in Malaga and another in Córdoba.
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48