POLICE have seized six speed boats, 65 top of the range vehicles and 5.5 million euros in a huge international drugs crackdown in Spain.
Operation ‘Guadaña’ is one of Spain’s biggest drugs raids and has seen 65 arrested for moving cocaine in shipments of apples.
The majority of the arrests were made in Madrid and Galicia although 15 others were arrested in Argentina, on charges of drug trafficking and money laundering
Meanwhile a Briton has been arrested after turning his luxury seaside villa into a huge marijuana plantation.
Police estimate around 170,000 euroswas spent on turning the basement of the detached chalet into a high-tech drug laboratory.
When police raided the four-bed Benalmádena villa they found 900 plants up to two metres high.
The crackdown comes amid ongoing anti-drug operations along the Spanish coast.
A Dutch-registered boat carrying 20 kilos of hashish was intercepted off Cadiz.
Meanwhile, a three Guardia Civil and two lawyers have been arrested around Marbella.
One of the arrested Guardia Civil is reportedly based in Malaga and another in Córdoba.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00