ONE of the UK’s Most Wanted drug dealers has been snared in a routine dragnet operation.
Stephen ‘the Pirate’ Pitman was picked up in the four day trawl of British bars in Mijas and Fuengirola called Operation Cardhu.
Scar-faced Pitman, 54, from Kent, had been evading the UK authorities for years by using false names.
When police nabbed him in a Mijas Costa bar he gave his name as Anthony Palmer.
However, after fingerprinting him, the authorities discovered he was in fact among the UK’s Most Wanted.
The Olive Press has been monitoring the cocaine dealer’s movements for the last year.
He had been living in a four-bedroom apartment in Riviera del Sol with his wife and two children.
According to a source he had recently pulled off a big cocaine deal and, sensing the cops were closing in, had been mulling a move to Brazil or another remote country.
He now faces life in prison if convicted of some of the 14 counts of conspiracy to supply class A and B drugs.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00