ONE of the UK’s Most Wanted drug dealers has been snared in a routine dragnet operation.
Stephen ‘the Pirate’ Pitman was picked up in the four day trawl of British bars in Mijas and Fuengirola called Operation Cardhu.
Scar-faced Pitman, 54, from Kent, had been evading the UK authorities for years by using false names.
When police nabbed him in a Mijas Costa bar he gave his name as Anthony Palmer.
However, after fingerprinting him, the authorities discovered he was in fact among the UK’s Most Wanted.
The Olive Press has been monitoring the cocaine dealer’s movements for the last year.
He had been living in a four-bedroom apartment in Riviera del Sol with his wife and two children.
According to a source he had recently pulled off a big cocaine deal and, sensing the cops were closing in, had been mulling a move to Brazil or another remote country.
He now faces life in prison if convicted of some of the 14 counts of conspiracy to supply class A and B drugs.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00