CHAMPION steeplechaser Marta Dominguez was among the 14 people detained by the Spanish police on Thursday as part of an anti-doping operation.
Sportsmen, doctors, trainers, coaches and agents are being questioned on suspicions of crimes against public health.
In the 15 addresses raided in Madrid, Las Palmas, Alicante and Segovia the police found anabolic steroids, bags of blood, hormones and blood transfusion equipment.
Guardia Civil said Operation Greyhound began in April when they started tracking a group of people who were offering drug services to elite athletes.
Three of the people detained allegedly used sporting calendars to draw up doping plans for their sportsmen clients.
The athletes were treated with doping products such as anabolic steroids and transfusions of recycled blood, said the police.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27