VISITS to Gibraltar by two Spanish politicians has further upset La Linea’s mayor.
PP mayor Alejandro Sanchez was unhappy after Gibraltar’s chief minister Peter Caruana met first with La Linea’s PSOE candidate Gemma Araujo and then with Isabel Beneroso.
The pair held talks with Caruana to discuss the re-establishment of better cross-border communication between the Rock and the mainland.
The mayor has infuriated Gibraltar by attempting to introduce a toll for visitors to the Rock as well as attempts to tax telephone lines used by offshore betting companies which pass through his town.
Sanchez claims the socialist government in Madrid has sacrificed La Linea’s interests in favour of Gibraltar, in order to maintain good relations with the UK.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46