THE speed limit on Spanish motorways will return to 120kph from July 1 after the government decided not to maintain the reduced 110kph limit which had been in place since March.
Reports had suggested the switch could cost 600,000 euros, but Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for the Interior Alfredo Perez Rubalcaba stated that ‘the measure no longer made sense’.
However, he did concede that the measure had worked, having resulting in savings of 450 million euros since its introduction on March 7.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02