IT’S great news for gazpacho fans – the classic Andalucian soup has just got sexier.
Frudel, an avocado version of the cold dish, was launched by Velez Malaga fruit firm Trops at a Madrid food fair earlier this month.
“This original creation will bring something new to Andalucia’s gastronomy,” said a Trops spokesman.
Cartons of the green stuff will soon be available in your local supermarket. In the meantime, why not try making your own using this recipe?
Ingredients (6 servings)
2 small avocados, peeled and diced
1/3 cup green bell pepper, diced
3 cups cucumber, peeled and diced
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons lime juice
2 tablespoons coriander
1 cup water
1/4 cup white vinegar
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you have a smooth mixture.
2. Adjust seasoning and transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until very cold, at least one hour.
3. To serve, divide the gazpacho into bowls or cups and garnish with cucumber and red pepper.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10