By Trudi Atkinson
PODGY cats may be cuddly, but being overweight can be a real health risk, so it is important not to allow our feline friends to pile on the pounds.
Make sure you measure out your cat’s daily food allowance. It is very easy to just tip more food into your cat’s dish whenever it is empty and not know how much you are actually giving him.
You can still include treats as part of their diet, but perhaps break the treats into smaller pieces. Your cat will still enjoy them just as much.
Think about where you feed your cat. Cats naturally eat little and often, so a bowlful of dried food should last hours.
Finally, if your cats feel in competition for food they may eat the whole lot at once and then soon be hungry again.
Therefore it can be better for your pets to be fed away from each other. And remember, cats may also feel that their food might be ‘stolen’ if they are fed near windows (through which other cats can be spotted) or cat flaps or doorways (through which other cats may suddenly appear).
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36