A GAY marriage that made history has taken place in Spain.
South Australian social inclusion minister, Ian Hunter, tied the knot to long-term partner, Leith Semmers, at a ceremony in the town of Jun, in Granada.
He is the first gay Australian MP to marry while in office.
The pair had planned to marry in the US last year but issues over paperwork forced the change.
The ceremony took place on December 20.
Mr Hunter said he was disappointed his marriage would not be recognised in Australia but comforted by the fact more than 60 per cent of Australians support marriage equality.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50