COSTA del Sol regular Max Clifford has been charged with 11 counts of indecency against women and children between 1966 and 1985.
The alleged offences relate to seven different women and girls ranging in age from 14 to 19 years old.
Mr Clifford, who spends much of the year in his Marbella villa, was arrested as part of Operation Yewtree, originally set up after claims were made against Jimmy Saville.
The arrest is unrelated to the investigations against the former BBC DJ.
Mr Clifford, 70, from Hersham, Surrey, who previously denied any wrongdoing, will appear in court on May 28.
He was not charged over three further allegations as there was “insufficient evidence to authorise charges”, the Crown Prosecution Service said.
Max Clifford, who was first arrested in December last year, was charged after answering bail at a London police station following advice from the CPS.
He was later released on bail and is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court. The PR Guru, who has represented hundreds of famous and infamous clients once offered his services to improve Marbella’s image, but his fees, said to be thousands of euros a week, were rejected by the cash strapped town hall.
A source told the Olive Press that Max had looked relaxed as he sipped coffee in the sun on a short visit to his Nueva Andalucia pad earlier this week.
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48