THE mayor of Mojacar has become internationally famous after threatening to ban the game of dominoes in her town.
In a crackdown, on noise mayoress Rosa Maria Cano insists that the ‘slap slap’ sound of dominoes is an affront to the peaceful nature of the town.
The PP mayor is also introducing fines for loud revellers and insisting that bars must close by 2.00am rather that 3.00am.
As well as loud music, the clank of cash registers, the sound of high heels from the apartment upstairs, as well as dogs barking are all coming under attack.
Culprits will face fines of up to 3,000 euros.
‘We have gone from being paradise to a drunken purgatory’, she explained.
- EXCLUSIVE: Family found dead in Mijas were killed ‘up to two days apart’ - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 23:13
- Costa del Sol journalist faces new sex charges - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 11:00
- Messi in tax mess - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 09:00
- Millions of moths descend on Madrid - 25 Jun, 2013 @ 09:30
- Newborn baby rescued from drain in Alicante - 24 Jun, 2013 @ 13:59
- ‘Syria jihadist suspects’ arrested in Ceuta - 21 Jun, 2013 @ 10:32
- Spanish economy making ‘strong progress’ - 20 Jun, 2013 @ 13:15
- VIDEO: Man tackles runaway bull on Malaga street - 19 Jun, 2013 @ 11:57
- Austerity measures putting Spaniards’ lives at risk - 18 Jun, 2013 @ 11:46
- Rabies returns to Spain - 17 Jun, 2013 @ 14:02